Dec 31, 2009

Dear Father,
I just wanted to take a moment on this last day of the year to write you a letter. 

Thank you for everything you have blessed me with throughout the year and for the obstacles you've helped me to overcome.  The year started out so rough and has been quite a ride but I'm able to say it's ending well. 

There's been a lot of good this year and a lot of bad and I'm actually honestly thankful for it all.  After all, it is those bad times that make me appreciate the good that much more.

Today not only marks the end of a year, but also it marks a day for me were I can say I have been 6 months self injury free.  I couldn't say that if I didn't have Your help. 

In the past year, with your help I've gone from not knowing whether I wanted to even believe You existed to acknowledging that YES, You definitely do and I want to have You in my life.

I know I don't talk to you like I should, or read your word enough, but I think as time goes forward improvements will be made.  2009 has been about learning how to be in relationships...I still have a hard time with that...so it's no surprise I struggle to have a relationship with You.  I struggle in every relationship, in friendship and family, and am well, even with a relationship with myself.  I try not to put myself before You, but I know I'm very often guilty of putting things in the wrong order. 

Please help me in the New Year to be more obedient, to trust, and to have even just a little bit more faith then I have had in the past.  You say in your word that faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains.  So far, it's been my experience that You're true to Your word....even when it doesn't feel like it.

I wish for a year of good health, happiness, love, and friendships for all family, friends, and acquaintances, past, present, and future.  I hope for a year of prosperity, not so much in the monetary or in way of possessions, but in the things I mentioned previously.

Lord, I know that you can work miracles and I know that my being here today is one of them.  Thank you Father. 

I love You!

FPD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dec 21 2009

January 16, 2010