Dec 21 2009

Dear Father God,
Christmas is almost upon us and it's easy for us humans to get caught up in what the world's view of christmas has become.  Many of us have forgotten the true meaning of the season....it's not about spending money, running to the store, getting stressed out, or how much we're getting...it's suppose to be about celebrating Your Son.  Your Precious Son who came to Earth, born of a virgin, who died for our sins (yes, each and every one of them) and rose again three days later.  It's about celebrating Your Son's miraculous birth. 

Please help me to remember that more during these next few days and to not let me get caught up in so many of the "things" that today's christmas seems to have become about. 

Thank you Lord for the wonderful gift you gave me, the only One that should ever really matter to me.  Your Son, my Savior! 

This Christmas I want to make it a point to celebrate One Very Special Birthday!  I want to focus more on what really matters and what this whole season is really about.  And I want to include my family and loved ones in the celebration and to bless others who may not be seeing things quite the same.

Lord, please guide my thoughts and actions.  Do your work through me.  I know I get scared easily, help me to not be scared if it's something you want me to do...overcome my anxieties. 

I don't know why some of us have to go through such rough times through out the year....but especially at this time of year.  I know there's been a few really low years for me where I just didn't have it in me to keep hanging on to you, to keep breathing, or take a step.  You did those things for me...I remember saying to you...if I'm suppose to live You are going to need to take my breaths for me.  You did...each and every one.  You kept me going.  You brought me through the valley of shadow of death and I am so thankful.  I sure wasn't thankful at the time though was I?  Good thing you never my left side even when I turned my back on you.

 It took me a lot of battles before I'd even come around and admit that no, my way wasn't working anymore, it never really was...and that I knew that without a doubt yes there was a God and that I needed You and that I need to start doing things your way.  I still struggle with that.  I'm stubborn, what can I say. 

Some days I still question why things happen the way they do or why people have to go through certain things but I know your plan isn't to harm any of us even though it sure feels like it.  I know that whatever horrible awful thing that we're going through that you can turn around and use for good. 

I'm thankful that you see the Full Picture Lord and not just the little glimpses I see.  Sometimes it would be nice to see things are more in control then they really feel but I guess that's were having Faith comes in....that's another area you and I are working on. 

I love you Father God.

Love your daughter FPD

Comments

  1. thank you so much for sharing your heart with us as you speak to your heavenly Father! What a beautiful prayer today! I echo your words in so many ways and am blessed by your prayer today! He does know the plans He has for us and they are for our good and not our harm. We often go off and do our own thing and need to learn from them... but He never leaves us nor forsakes us. He is unchanging and eternally He is Love... His very essence is Love, Holiness, Righteousness... I too pray this Christmas there will be more time celebtating His gift... the greatest gift every! Have a blessed Christmas and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 16, 2010