January 16, 2010

Dear Father,
We're barely half way into the first month of the year and already so many awful things are happening to those around me.  I know life is tough, and we're suppose to trust you...but it's scary.

The earthquake and devastation in Haiti is one of the big things right now.  I'm afraid to even look at pictures and video's because I'd rather be oblivious to how awful things there really are.  I know that sounds horrible, and don't get me wrong, they are all in my prayers...You know that...just stuff like that is scary.

Then there's the issues within my own family...marital problems amongst my cousins.  They've separated and are heading for divorce....more then one of my cousins is facing this with their marriages right now.  It's hard to see others lose loved ones.

And then tonight, K, is given notice that her job is being terminated.  This is a job she loved dearly and she looked forward to every day.  We know that You work things for the greater good but this is definitely a hard thing for her and could mean many changes.  It's exciting...but scary at the same time to not know the how's and why's of everything.  We know You will provide but still the uncertainty makes it a little scary.  Mostly though, I just want her to be happy.  I want her to start seeing doors being open, I want to see You answer some of her prayers and dreams for her life.  I know it's hard to always trust You....but she does seem to do it so well...better then I can yet.

I'm believing and really feeling though that You have some good things in store.  I still feel that this year is going to be an awesome year and I guess for that to happen there are going to have to be changes.  Things are going to be hard at times...but I'm going to try hard not to lose sight of You in the struggles...I don't want my faith in You to be shaken.

Love Your Daughter,
FPD 

Comments

  1. Hi Nicolle,
    It's that fellow Canadian from our latest e-swap on swap-bot. I was compelled to check out your blog. I love this concept, such a wonderful idea. When I am buried in my own life and nothing seems to be going right around me I always try to think what is this teaching either me or the people watching me... Like Haiti, such a terrible thing. BUT, look at the amazingness coming from the devistation. The world is waking up a little and remembering the spirit of generosity. So, I guess I believe that God has a plan, even if I cannot see it. Maybe my struggle will be a beacon for another, or maybe when I overcome it that will show someone else struggling... etc.
    When it's really bad and I think I'm feeling really alone I ask for a signpost. You know, like you see on the side of the road?? I ask for some small sign, something I'll recognize and then I LOOK. I open my eyes and look for God around me. It always appears. Sometimes in moments, sometimes a few days.
    Well, hugs to you in this trying time and keep your head up, it'll be ok. It's so nice to see a fellow Canadian, by the way. I love seeing our Country take some pride. We need to. GO CANADA! :o)
    ~Jenn (jaemac)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dec 21 2009